Award Establishment & Design
Under the patronage of Her Highness Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak - Mother of the Nation - President of The Supreme Council for Motherhood and Childhood, the Fatima bint Mubarak Motherhood & Childhood Award was launched at the Fatima bint Mubarak Motherhood & Childhood Forum (November 2016). This was a pioneering step reflecting the interest of the United Arab Emirates in encouraging excellence and creativity in the fields of motherhood and childhood, where international figures with outstanding accomplishments serving women and children’s affairs are recognized.
HH Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak honored Her Majesty Queen Silvia of Sweden, by granting her the Outstanding Global Role in the field of Motherhood & Childhood for the year 2016, acknowledging the great efforts and outstanding achievements of Her Majesty in the field of Child Protection
The award consists of nine pointed arms which meet at the core of the circular center engraved with Her Highness Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak’s name as she is the preeminent provider of motherly warmth and compassion, conveying blissful meanings of motherhood - “Mother of the Nation”.
It symbolizes the genuine significance of motherhood and childhood, where the arms stem from the core representing the 9 months of which a mother carries her unborn infant, illustrating the beginning of the extraordinary bond between a mother and her child – a beginning forming profound affection since inception. These arms also reflect the association and strength of that relationship with the family composition.
The award’s objectives are to:
- Demonstrate the UAE’s interest in Motherhood and Childhood’s issues locally and globally.
- Inspire individuals, public and private sector entities to embark on more studies and research dedicated to Motherhood and Childhood.
- Encourage public and private sector entities to provide necessary needs for Motherhood and Childhood through establishing mechanisms and procedures that can reconcile the role of mothers in their households and their roles in public life.
- Motivate all public and private sector entities to raise the standards of services offered to mothers and children.
- Shed light on welfare necessities for children with disabilities.
- Encourage and motivate children to excel and engage in joint activities.
- Play a role in making the UAE a child friendly country.
- Honor global dignitaries with outstanding records and achievements in Motherhood and Childhood affairs.
Time Frame Schedule for first round
|Award Launch ceremony||27 November, 2017|
|Start accepting award nominations/submissions||January, 2018|
|Stop accepting award nominations/submissions||30 June, 2018|
|Initial assessment of submissions||01-31 July, 2018|
|Field visits of shortlisted submissions||01-31 August, 2018|
|Announcement of results & Awarding ceremony||20 November, 2018|
Create an account & password for each subscriber or nominee, providing all information requested about the nominee and send electronically to SCMC